Are you having the Google Maps API error: Missing Key Map Error, suddenly showing in your browser console?
Here you have the explanation directly from a Google employee:
"We’ve just announced some changes to the Google Maps APIs authentication and usage limits:http://googlegeodevelopers.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/building-for-scale-updates-to-google.html
Usage of the Google Maps APIs now requires a key.
Are you using the Maps API from localhost or a recently launched domain, or was your domain active prior to today? Just wanting to check, since all previously active domains should have been grandfathered for keyless usage, so a previously active domain getting the MissingKeyMapError may be a bug."
To get the API key is really fast and simple:
1. Follow this link and click on Get a key:
2. Agree with the service Terms of Service:
3. Choose a name for your new key and specify the websites on which the key usage will be allowed. If you don’t need any website restriction, just put an * in that field (but don’t leave it blank, unless you are having issues with *!). Then click on Create:
4. Write down your brand new API key, and click OK
5. In Google APIs enable all the Google Maps APIs:
! Keep in mind that each free API key comes with a 25,000 map loads per project per day limit (you can always create multiple projects, though). For very large websites, you could possibly need a Pemium Plan license.