- install and activate
- install required plugins
- setup demo content
- home page setup
- menu configuration
1. Install Theme
Using your FTP program, upload the non-zipped theme folder into the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server.
Upload Through WordPress, navigate to Appearance > Add New Themes > Upload.
Go to browse, and select the zipped theme folder. Hit Install Now and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it. Navigate to Appearance > Themes and activate the theme.
2. Install required plugins
Appearance -> Install Plugins
- After you have installed the theme, please install some additional plugins that are necessary for the theme to work correctly.
- Navigate to Appearance > Install Plugins. You will see the list of plugins recommended.
- Redux Framework is a core for Movement Options. Once you install it, you will be able to customize the theme. Click the Install link next to the plugin title. When it is installed, return to the plugins list and click Activate.
- Visual Composer is a powerful drag-and-drop page builder plugin. Spotter theme provides additional shortcodes for Visual Composer. Once you install it, you will be able to use the full theme's functionality. Click the Install link next to the plugin title. When it is installed, return to the plugins list and click Activate.
- Maintenance is a plugin that makes your site invisible to visitors and search systems until you decide to open it. Install the plugin if you want.
- Revolution Slider is an optional plugin that can be used to create attractive custom sliders.
3. Setup demo content
Visit Tools -> Import in the WordPress dashboard.
Click ‘Install now’ the Wordpress Importer.
Activate Plugins & Run Importer.
Browse dummy_data.xml from Demo Content folder from zip archive.Then push ‘Upload file and import’.
4. Home page setup
Go to Settings > Readings and select Front page displays > Your latest posts
Go to Appearance > Movement options > Home page > Slider > Slider on ‘Home’ page > On
Then go to Sliders > Upload
5. Menu configuration
Go to Appearance > Menus
Then go to page bottom, click ‘Top primary menu’ and save it.