The easiest and safest way is to update through the Envato Toolkit plugin that comes packed with the theme.
In your WordPress admin dashboard you should see a section called Envato Toolkit. You need to connect your ThemeForest account to it and once you have done so, you’ll see here all available updates, always at one click away.
The second way is update theme using FTP
- Login into your Themeforest account and go to downloads (Dashboad > downloads)
- Download the theme into your computer
- Install an FTP program (Filezilla is free)
- Retrieve your FTP login information from your hosting admin panel and login into your hosting via FTP
- Unzip the item main file
- Locate theme.zip (eg : endless-theme.zip) and unzip it. make sure your unzipping software do not create extra directory with the same name nested into each other.
- drag and drop theme main folder into your FTP program with the destination : "YOUR_HOSTING_ROOT/YOUR_SUBDIRECTORY/wp-content/themes/"
- FTP program will give a warning that there is an existing with the same directory name, choose replace all.
- It will take varying from 15 to 30 minutes to replace all files. once you done login into your wordpress dashboard and go to masterkey settings. on the header (beside masterkey logo) the theme version will be changed to the latest version. this is the indication that your theme is updated. We recommend method one which only takes less than one minute.